Your Spirit Needs This Trip!
It’s necessary for your mind, body, and spirit to take a trip to South Africa at least once in your lifetime. Get ready to be truly awakened as you spend 8-nights in South Africa with CPT.
Our first 4-nights will be spent in Johannesburg (Jo’burg or Jozi), where you’ll explore the vibrant heart of the city with the largest population in Africa. Expect to feel the high energy around you, all while you see the city’s dynamic arts, go-getter culture and why it’s deemed the “city of gold.”
Part of your time in Joburg will be spent exploring South Africa’s history with tours, such as the Apartheid Museum. Your time in Joburg wouldn’t be complete if we didn’t give you the chance to experience an African Safari. Get your camera ready, you are going to be wow’d!
Cape Town Must Be Experienced
The next 4-nights you’ll be in Cape Town, affectionately known as the “Mother City.” You’ll come-together with cultures, cuisines, and landscapes – there’s nowhere quite like Cape Town!
Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela spent 18 years during apartheid, is one of our featured places you’ll experience with the group. Go up Table Mountain! You can either hike or take the cable car during your free time.
And, of course, who could visit South Africa without sampling some of the world’s best wines in Stellenbosch (The Napa Valley of South Africa). These are just a few things to look forward to.
Go ahead and reserve your space now.
- Intra-Country Flight from JNB – Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 4 nights at Johannesburg Marriott Melrose Arch or similar
- 4 nights at Garden Court Victoria Junction or similar
- Daily Breakfast, 2 lunches, and 2 dinners
- CPT Welcome Dinner in Johannesburg
- Ultimate Johannesburg Tour – Including Mandela House
- Lesedi Cultural Village Tour
- Ultimate Pilanesberg Safari Tour
- All Tour Entrance Fees
- Winelands Tour and Tasting
- Cape Town City Tour
- Robben Island and Township Tour
- Peninsula Tour, Including Cape of Good Hope
- Visit Boulders Beach Penguins
- Farewell Dinner in Cape Town at GOLD Restaurant
- Private Airport Transfers
- CPT Signature Gift
- Changing Pace Travel Hosts
- English Speaking Local Guide
**Itinerary shown is subject to change as needed**
Arrive in Johannesburg, South Africa. Settle in and prepare for our welcome dinner.
Meal(s) Included: Dinner
The Ultimate Johannesburg Tour takes you to iconic heritage sites in Johannesburg CBD and Soweto; showcasing South Africa’s turbulent
history and promising future.
It’s an opportunity to learn more about events that shaped the country’s past and discover the dynamic cultural diversity of two of
the most prominent cities in the country.
Highlights of the Johannesburg tour includes Constitutional Hill, Carlton Centre, the Apartheid Museum and the vibrant Newtown
In Soweto, you’ll journey past striking landmarks and historic sites, visit an informal settlement and the Hector Pieterson Museum and ends
in the vibrant Vilakazi Street which was home of the great Nelson Mandela.
Meal(s) Included: Breakfast
Lesidi Cultual Village – We take you to Lesedi Cultural Village, where you will enjoy the rich African culture first hand. The people of Lesedi have created an African ambiance that you won’t find elsewhere!
Meal(s) Included: Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner
Pilanesberg Safari Tour – In Pilanesberg National Park, you will have the opportunity to experience the day safari of a lifetime!
The journeys to the Pilanesberg Game Reserve start in Johannesburg. During the game drives, you will have the opportunity to look for the “Big 5” (elephants, lions, leopards, rhinos and water buffaloes) as well as other species with the assistance of your very own personal guide who is highly qualified, and you will do it in a private car. Lunch is included.
Make sure you have lots of camera memory for this one. Pictures and video are a must.
Meal(s) Included: Breakfast, Lunch
Flight to Cape Town – On this day, you’ll catch a morning flight with the group over to Cape Town. You’ll check-in to our Cape Town hotel and enjoy the remainder of the day on your own. In the evening, we’ll meet up for a remarkable group dinner at the famed restaurant GOLD!
Optional – Table Mountain Tour
Meal(s) Included: Breakfast, Dinner
Winelands Tour – Savor wine tasting at up to 3 wine estates and see some fabulous Cape Dutch architecture of which the region is famous for. You’ll relish in a town orientation tour in the winelands town of Stellenbosch as we visit the university campus and the oldest shop in the country.
Meal(s) Included: Breakfast
Robben Island and Township Tour – Your morning will begin with a drive to the waterfront, where we’ll catch our awaiting ferry to take us over to Robben Island. During this island visit, we pass by the Lime Quarry where prisoners toiled hard, the Maximum-Security Prison, and a sighting of Mandela’s cell. We complete our tour with a drive around the small island.
In the afternoon, you’ll tour the big townships in Cape Town. This is an opportunity to learn more about the history and experience first-hand and the way of life of thousands of people who call the sprawling settlement their home.
Meal(s) Included: Breakfast
Cape Peninsula Drive – Cape of Good Hope and Penguins – On this awe-inspiring day, you’ll witness one of South Africa’s most iconic destinations that allows you to escape the streets of Cape Town and explore more of the epic natural landscapes. You’ll get an up-close look at incredible ocean views, have a chance for a scenic walk and enjoy encounters with Africa’s only penguin colony.
Meal(s) Included: Breakfast
Return Flight Home – Check-out of your Cape Town hotel and transfer to the Cape Town airport where you’ll make your way home.
Marriott Hotel Melrose Arch & Garden Court Victoria Junction
Johannesburg Marriott Hotel Melrose Arch
Set within the eclectic Melrose Arch Precinct in northern Johannesburg, Marriott Hotel Melrose Arch vibrates with the energy of the myriad trendy cafés, high-street boutiques, al fresco restaurants and lively entertainment areas located just moments from its doorstep. Step into the Greatroom – an intuitive social hub that revolves around you. Designed to be whatever you need it to be, it’s your space to connect, relax, socialise or reflect. Savour specialty coffees and read the morning news. Just 26km from O.R. Tambo International Airport, 5km from Sandton and Rosebank, and close to three golf courses and numerous other local attractions, Marriott Hotel Melrose Arch is perfectly positioned to explore the country.
- Marble bathroom with shower
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Room service, 24-hour
- Complimentary Bottled water
- Coffee/tea maker
- Mini fridge
- High Speed Wi-Fi
- Air Conditioned
Check-in: Friday, January 12, 2024
Check-out: Tuesday, January 16, 2024
Cape Town Accommodations
Garden Court Victoria Junction
The trendy, industrial chic Garden Court Victoria Junction hotel, is ideally situated in the heart of the bustling urban district of Green Point, home to some of Cape Town’s most exciting shopping, dining, and nightlife. At the foot of iconic Signal Hill, the hotel is within walking distance of the V&A Waterfront and Two Oceans Aquarium, just minutes from the Cape Town Stadium and Cape Town ICC, and within easy reach of the city’s top tourist attractions.
- Air-conditioned bedrooms
- Flat-screen TV with a selection of DStv channels
- Laptop friendly safe
- Large workstation,
- Free unlimited Wi-Fi,
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Mini fridge
- Hair dryer
- Free WiFi Internet Service
Check-in: Tuesday, January 16, 2024
Check-out: Saturday, January 20, 2024
Reserve Your Trip Now
FULL PACKAGE, INCLUDES AIRFARE
SINGLE: $4350 | DOUBLE: $3950
LAND ONLY PACKAGE, NO AIRFARE
SINGLE: $2950 | DOUBLE: $2550
Payment Installment Plan Due dates are as follows:
Land Single – $495 deposit | Monthly payment $495 begins Jul 1-November 1, 2023
Land Double – $425 deposit | Monthly payment $425 begins Jul 1-November 1, 2023
Full Package Single – $725 deposit | Monthly payment $725 begins Jul 1-November 1, 2023
Full Package Double – $660 deposit | Monthly payment $660 begins Jul 1-November 1, 2023
If the payment due date has already passed, you will need to pay the previous amount(s) in order to register.
|Payment Plan||Amount||Due Date|
|DEPOSIT||SEE ABOVE||PAY TODAY|
|1st Payment||see above||Jul 1, 2023|
|2nd Payment||see above||JAug 1, 2023|
|3rd Payment||see above||Sep 1, 2023|
|4th Payment||see above||Oct 1, 2023|
|5th Payment||see above||Nov 1, 2023|
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
- International Flight to South Africa is not included in the Land Package
- Gratuities for drivers and tour guides (suggested $12 per day for guide and $7 per day for driver)
- Meals not specified on the itinerary
- Beverages are not included in meals (including breakfast)
- Travel Insurance
- Personal expenses
- Anything not listed in the Included Section
- No more than two people to a room, rooms are priced as single or double occupancy.
- Hotel check-in date is Friday, January 12, 2024
- A valid passport is required to travel and check-in to your flight to South Africa. Please ensure that your passport is valid for more than six months after travel. Passports must have two 2 consecutive blank pages (unstamped).
- No vaccination certificate is required for this trip; however, we encourage you to check with your primary physician to ensure that you are up to date with your routine vaccinations.
- International airfare is only included in the FULL PACKAGE.
- All seats are Economy Class seats. Upgrades are not available.
- Passport and TSA information will be collected at least 60 days prior to your flight.
- Seat selection is handled by the airline.
- Tickets will be issued at least 30 days prior to your departure.
FLIGHT SCHDULE AS FOLLOWS:
1 QR704 11JAN JFKDOH 10:00AM- 06:15AM 12JAN
2 QR1367 12JAN DOHJNB 07:35AM-15:10PM
3 QR1372 20JAN CPTDOH 12:35AM-23:20PM
4 QR701 21JAN DOHJFK 07:55AM-14:45PM
- Changing Pace Travel recommends that every traveler purchase travel insurance. Trip Insurance will be the only way to protect your investment. In the event of a trip interruption or cancellation, travel insurance is the only way to redeem a portion of your unused travel. Travel Insurance is an additional cost. Any questions regarding policies should be directed to the Travel Insurance Company.
- All payments are non-refundable, non-transferable and final.
- A monthly payment installment plan is available. You may also pay in full at any time.
- Payment Installment Plan: If one payment is missed, your registration will be automatically cancelled (after the grace period) and a reinstatement fee will apply in order to resume the trip. Additionally, if the total balance is not made by the final payment date, all reservations will be forfeited.
- Late Payments: A 7-day grace period after scheduled due dates will be allowed with no penalty (except for the final payment). Reservation cancellation and forfeiture of all payments will occur afterwards.
Important Message: You may possibly reinstate your reservation with a reinstatement fee of $200; if circumstances are warranted. Changing Pace Travel has the authority to decline reinstatement at any time. Late payment requests can be made in writing via email at least 7 days prior to billing due dates. Approvals are subject to owner’s discretion and accounts in good standing.
- If you choose the payment plan, you will receive monthly notices prior to when your payment is due.
- Provided full payment is received no later than your Final Payment Due Date, itineraries and travel instructions will be sent via email 30 days prior to travel.
- All prices are based on the rates of exchange in effect at the time of price quotation. In the event that the US dollar devalues, Changing Pace Travel, LLC reserves the right to increase prices accordingly. Your final invoice will reflect increases resulting from currency devaluation. You will be notified as we are notified.
- You can log-in to your payment invoice to view your account 24-hours a day. Additionally, you can pay on your invoice in small increments at ANY TIME throughout your billing cycle.